A Better Way
Cal State L.A. is committed to the success of our students, faculty and staff. Key to this success is your ability to access the many systems and services that Cal State L.A. offers, including the campus high-speed wireless network, e-mail, GET and GETLA, Library resources, Blackboard and others. We understand that your time is valuable and the last thing you want to do is fill out forms or stand in line. With your myCSULA Identity account you will be able to access these services and much more directly through the new MyCalStateLA Portal. And you can conveniently activate your myCSULA Identity account anywhere, anytime from any computer with Internet access!
What is myCSULA Identity?
myCSULA Identity is a new online self-service offering with many features designed to improve service and accessibility to information. Some initial features include:
- Automatic creation of new network/e-mail accounts without the need to submit forms;
- New accounts and passwords issued online;
- Online password reset;
- Reduced sign-on to GET and GETLA through the MyCalStateLA Portal;
- Access to InCommon Federation, an online community of higher education, government and other agencies that share their protected online resources; and
- myCSULA Community, a new service that enables faculty, administrators and campus group leaders to create their own communities of interest to share ideas and information.
Over time, myCSULA Identity will add even more features and self-services to improve your productivity.
What do I need to get started?
First you need to activate your myCSULA Identity account and that will require the following:
- Your full name as it appears in official University documents (no nicknames or abbreviations);
- Your birth month and date;
- Your Campus Identification Number (CIN);
- Your Personal Identification Number (PIN); and
- A valid FERPA certification (for employees only).
Students will input the four digit Personal Identification Number used to access GET or, for new students, on their acceptance letter. Employees will use their last 2 digits of their Social Security Number plus their last 2 digits of their home zip code that is on file with Human Resources. Auxiliaries, vendors and guests will use the PIN provided by the ITS Help Desk when the account is manually created. If you need assistance with your PIN, students should call the GET Help Desk at 323-343-7438 and all others should call the ITS Help Desk at 323-343-6170.
How long is the activation process?
The account activation process has six steps.
- Read and accept the Statement of Appropriate Use.
- Enter your validation information.
- The system will authenticate the validation information.
- Create your password.
- Select and answer your security questions.
- The system will finalize the activation process.
The average time to complete this process is 10 to 15 minutes. To save time, we recommend you create your secure password prior to beginning the activation. To review secure password standards, click here. To view tips on creating a secure password that can be easily recalled, click here.
What if I need to speak to a real person?
If you have a question about your myCSULA Identity account, our ITS Help Desk staff are ready to assist you with any questions or concerns. Visit us in person in the LIB PW Lobby, call us at 323-343-6170 or e-mail us at firstname.lastname@example.org.